Monday, November 2, 2015

A Week of Hard Work!

My Tag in Area #2 Dash Point Ward

This week has been great. Elder Polson and I have accomplished so much this week. I think that would be because we have a bigger drive since Elder Lawrence visited us last week. 40 baptisms here we come!

This week we had our last District meeting before transfers. I hope I stay in Dash Point though because I love this area. There are people who want to hear the gospel plus the members actually do missionary work in this ward. Which means we can actually do a lot more! Pray that I stay in this area! Anyways in district meeting, we had President Eaton come to it and he gave our district a lot of insight into some things to improve our teaching. He taught us how important it is to figure out how long it takes us to teach the whole entire Restoration lesson. We found that as we time ourselves as we teach then the less likely it is for the investigator to get bored plus he understands the more important parts a lot easier. We are going to start honing in on this skill.

On Wednesday, I went to the Korean Branch for an exchange with Elder Kim and Elder Ha went with Elder Polson to Dash Point. This was a pretty interesting switch considering Elder Kim knows very little of the Korean language. As you know I know nothing of the language. However, we had faith that we would still be able to teach with the power of the Holy Ghost. While I was on the exchange Elder Kim and I went to Tacoma for a couple lessons. We taught the Word of Wisdom both times and the spirit in the room the was bursting at the seams. I could only say in that moment what C3P-0 said after he had been lifted in the air by Luke Skywalker, "I didn't know I had it in me." For cereal there was such a good feeling in the room that I don't think anybody could deny the truth of what we were teaching and it was all with a language barrier. The Spirit is so AMAZING!

After we re-exhanged the next day, I found out that on the other end of the exchange also had a lot of success. They taught 2 member lessons and made our ward mission leader cry and increase his willingness to serve more in his calling. They also got 3 new potentials which was great and at least one of them is going to get baptized... because I have the faith.

On Saturday, which would have been Halloween we went on a blitz with the Zone Leaders in our area. I went with Elder Tali'uli and Elder Polson went with our recently released AP. During this blitz we found 2 new potentials and 1 new investigator so its really going to keep the ball in our court as we work for our mission's goal of 40 baptisms.
Anyways that's all for this week. Remember that the church is true no matter what you say or do!
Elder R.K. Northrup


Ponderize scripture of the week:  2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."


 "I hate you!"  Anakin Skywalker

No comments:

Post a Comment