Tuesday, November 10, 2015

WoW, Transfers, and Blessings!

Ok so this week has been jam packed with interesting events and upsets.

I think I told everyone last week that we would be having a baptism on the 7th, well it didn't happen because we found out that our investigator drank BEER! Ahhhh I wanted to drop kick a booing Dwarf when I found that out. Anyways we were able to get him back on track and he should be baptized on the last Saturday of this month. Pray for Ricardo not to break the Word of Wisdom again.

Then on Thursday night I went back over to the Korean Branch for an exchange. I am going to start off with, I pretty much love Asian food. We went to this house for dinner where they made these Korean noodles with some soup! It was so good I had about 2 1/2 bowls of it. We afterward went and taught this family called the Rushtons. The father has such an amazing testimony. He is also just so humble. He feels he doesn't deserve credit where he has earned it. He share with us some of his testimony building experiences.

On Saturday we got a random call from one of the ward members. It was the Websters. They called us for a blessing and we rushed over to give our assistance to them. They are a super tenderly Elderly couple and are just so nice. We gave them both a blessing of healing that there illnesses would stop bugging them. We then left them with a prayer and our best wishes that they would be ok.

We left and we started heading towards Browns Point Elementary school. That's where we saw two cars in the middle of the road. One of them just recently had slammed into the other car and they were just pulling their cars off to the side when we pulled up. We tried to help them but a member of our ward beat us to it. We prayed for them to be able to stay safe for the rest of the night and then talked to the member for a bit and left.

On Sunday after Church we went with Bro. Crawford and gave blessing to someone in this nursing home called Hallmark Manor. She was very receptive to us and the spirit that was there while we gave her the blessing was just amazing. I could not help but smile the whole time we were in her presence. When we were done we drove to a less active's house who also wanted a blessing. As we gave it to him the spirit was practically just carried over from the last blessing. It was so incredible. 

Later that night we went back to our apartment. My companion and I sat around the phone trembling in our pants as we sat there staring at the phone. Let me just tell you something, Transfers Night is one of the most stressful things ever. Anyways as we sat there I couldn't take it anymore so I went and played with my Ultimate Disc. Right then I heard excitement come out of my companions mouth yelling, "We aren't being transferred." We decided right then to do a victory dance and then we went to bed.

Well that was my week hope you enjoyed reading it. The Church is true and as Kingsley from Harry Potter says, "You may not like it President, but you cannot deny, Dash Points got style."

Elder R.K. Northrup

Panang Chicken Curry

Us with Silver Lake Elders, Christiansen and Larsen before E.Christiansen was transferred to Renton Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment