Monday, November 16, 2015

A member of the Seventy and a blitz with the AP!

We have had some slight changes this week. In District meeting we now have the Hylebos Elders who consist of Elder Knight and Elder Fullmer, I came out with Elder Knight. We also said good-bye to Sister Mortensen and we brought in Sister Orr. Those are all if the changes to our district.

This week has been a rough week for teaching lessons but on the bright side I have a gained a love for tracting. This week we have gotten 2 potential just tracting. The first ones name is Ernie. All I could think of after we left his house was Harry Potter 3 when he gets a ride on the night bus and the drivers names is Ernie. Here are some quotes from that scene: Stan: "Take it away, Ernie." Shrunken Head: "Yeah, take it away Ernie. It's going to be a bumpy ride!"

Anyways this week we also helped Sister Dameron paint some cardboard cut-outs of Who's for our wards Christmas party. That was super fun. We are going to be helping her again some time this week.

On Saturday we went on a blitz with our AP. Elder Polson went with the new AP, Elder Mousser. While I went with Elder Berkheimer. Blitzing with them was so much fun. This is were I gained my love for tracting. We knocked a ton of doors together most people weren't home or didn't want to hear our message on the Restoration. However, this one house we found had this intercom system on there porch so instead of knocking we used that. We turned it on to talk and Elder Berkheimer said into it, "We are the missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and ...."  It was super fun. We got this girl in her twenties to come to the door. She told us that half of her family was already members of our Church, she also told us that she was a Jehovah's Witness. Elder Berkheimer and I encouraged her to read the Book of Mormon. All I could think of during our conversation was, "No, no, your doing it wrong!" Of course I couldn't tell that to her face. A few houses later we went back to our apartment to re-exchange. Elder Berkheimer is the one who taught me how much fun it can be to go tracting and I now look forward to that part of our day. Where before I practically dreaded it.

Oh and on Sunday we found out that Bro. Crawford was ordained a Seventy. I thought was super cool. This means if you ever see Elder Dan Crawford in General Conference just know that I knew him before he was a General Authority.

My ponderizing scripture this week is D&C 52:34.

Elder R. K. Northrup

No comments:

Post a Comment