Monday, August 31, 2015

Manifestation Monday

This week has been incredible, especially this last Monday. On Monday we taught in the Dickson's home again. We taught Sandra Yescas the Restoration of the Gospel. During the lesson we just finished reciting the Joseph Smith experience and we were letting it soak in when Brother Dickson spoke up. He started bearing a really powerful testimony about when he finally came to know the truth for himself of what we were saying. Right when he finished Sister Dickson started bearing her testimony on how amazing the gospel of Jesus Christ is and how it has help her. Sandra during this time was crying and we knew she was feeling the spirit. It was amazing, we will be teaching her again today and we hope the spirit will be as powerful as it was last time. By the way, Sandra is Brother and Sister Dickson's niece.

Something funny that happened this week was when we went on exchanges. I went up to Firgrove with Elder Nelson, while Elder Clauson stayed in Orting with Elder Sanders. Anyways, me and Elder Nelson were going around during our finding hour talking to people. We ran into this person who was carrying in groceries. So we, of course, offered to help her. She said that she was fine so Elder Nelson asked if she would like to hear about how God has called a prophet on the earth today. She rejected us saying "No thank you, I have to go pee." and I replied saying, "Ok, let us know if you need help." (We then rode away.) I didn't think anything about what I said until Elder Nelson asked me, while he was laughing, why I had offered to help her go to the bathroom. I just looked at him for a second and then I too started laughing so hard. 

We have found a new way to study preach my gospel this week. Instead of just studying the principles we sing them, while Elder Nelson plays some tunes on the Guitar. It has been a lot more fun learning this way.

Elder R. K. Northrup

P.S. Forgot my camera today to upload pictures.  Will get some to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment