Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The "weak" before the 4th


Sister Rasmussen, Elder Northrup, and President Rasmussen

Well, this week has been kinda weak. A ton of walking because...you guessed it, bike problems. Right when we thought everything was good Elder Perkins drove his bike over a staple on the ground and pop goes the tire! He was not too happy about that. We were able to talk to a lot more people this week. None too interested sadly. Satan really does not like it when we are riding bikes.

I was able to go on exchanges with the Skyway B Elders. I went up to Skyway alongside Elder Sumsion. He is an incredible missionary! Really in-tune with the spirit. I am going to be working on that tuning myself to the spirit more. While I was with him we were able to talk to a LA member that we tracted into, a lady from the Philippines who set up time for us to come back and then we talked with another lady named Lynn. We taught her about repentance and how God can take away her guilt and make her trials easier to bare. She accepted a pamphlet and we told her we would stop by some time. During this entire time I had to use the bathroom so bad! Well, God blessed us because of my sacrifice!

When we got back our original companions we talked about what we had learned on exchanges. I am going to be using the Book of Mormon more when we are doing our finding hour. 

That new change has paid off. I was able to use a scripture that we were able to play off of to gain a potential on Sunday. Then we got an appointment to go back over to her today! Her name is Tina, I'm hoping it will go well. I will be praying for the spirit and the gift of discernment for that lesson. Pray for her, that she feels like she is ready for the Gospel in her life.

The 4th of July was quite unproductive. We tried to do a bunch of things and had some set lesson but everything just didn't go our way. Which is what happens on most holidays. Oh well.

Have a great week the church is true because God told me! I know the scriptures are the word of God and he will never cease to do miracles.

Elder R.K. Northrup  

P.S.  Met our new mission president and his wife, the Rasmussen's.  They are completely different from the Eaton's.  Also I lot of other things but I think he will be great.
Look at these cool kids!

All the Elders from the Renton Zone.

President and Sister Rasmussen with an Elder in between them.
Renton Zone with President and Sister Rasmussen

Elder Sumsion and Me



No comments:

Post a Comment