Monday, June 27, 2016

Boom, Bang, Holy Power!

This week has been pretty frustrating. We were dropped by our new investigator Elisa. Then from Tuesday to Sunday, our bikes have been giving us major grief, which I will tell you all about at the end of the email.

Anyways, we have been doing really well, at least in the "teaching people" aspect of things. We have been getting a lot more on the spot teaching opportunities. It has been supa' good! We have even got a potential named Dee that we found on Wednesday who told us to come back that Saturday, Yahoo! That was awesome because that meant we had the possibility of teaching 3 set lessons!

We also were able to work with Bishop Oliver to get another new investigator. They are a part member family! We have a set appointment to teach them next week as well. It's going to be great. I am super excited to be inviting more people to God's party.

We have also been teaching Ruben more often. The struggle we have with him is that all he does is tell us we have to come over everyday to explain the Book of Mormon chapters to him verse-by-verse. Then we ask to read the Book of Mormon in his own language,  the language he actually understands way better than English and he just blows it off. I have no clue anymore on what we can possible testify of? If you guys have any ideas on scriptures we can use or analogies, that would be much appreciated (and keep praying for him).

We went on a blitz with the Zone Leaders on Thursday.  I got to be in car for an hour with Elder Payne which was a totally Flabby Divs! I love Elder Payne we both have a similar humor so we got along great. 

On Saturday we went back to teach Dee.  She opened the door and asked us to come in. Well we were dinguses so we couldn't go in because we forgot to bring a third male with us. However we still got teach her on her porch. We taught the Restoration and invited her to pray and ask if what we taught was true. She prayed. At the end of her prayer she looked up at us and said, "There is definitely something there."  Elder Perkins and I both looked at each other in silence with the expression of "Dang right there's something there." We then invited her to be Baptized and she told that she would think and pray about it. We left her with a Book of Mormon and scheduled a return appointment with her.

We were also able to teach some less actives and get to know them a bit better. Georgia Woody is one of them. She just this little old Lady. She is very nice. We just need to help her remember why she was baptized so she can remember the blessings of being a member of Christ's church.

Well that was our awesome week. Please keep these investigators in your prayers:
Ruben 
Andreas
Dee
Joseph
Alex
and Bro. Thorp

Elder R.K. Northrup

Oh forgot to tell you about our bike problems

So this whole week has been rough with our bikes. Elder Perkins had to re-replace his bike peddles. Oh and his brake blew up when we were going down hill.

Then on Thursday, after we had a dinner at a member's house, I met the road.  We were riding away when "Gravity" decided that Elder Northrup would prefer being on the ground, so he took away my agency and I went sideways off of my seat and went crashing on the ground.  At the same time broke one of my bike's brake levers completely came off. I now have a big dark bruised area where the phone was in my pocket and my wrist hurts when I move it, but other than that I am fine. What I thought was ridiculous though was how this one car totally saw that I had just wiped out and just sped off like nothing had happened. Sometimes people are unbelievable.  

Oh and I also crashed previous to this crash, but it was a lot slower and I ended up pocket dumping in the end, which is the worst.

In the end Bro. Christiansen helped us fix our bikes.  

(This is Elder Northrup's mom speaking... I got a couple pictures from Brother Ramsey.  The Elder's got to try out a new... not yet released... device called a hololens.  Here are some pics of that.




No comments:

Post a Comment