Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Prepare Yourself!

Here is the rice hat I bought, totally awesome!
"Prepare yourself!" -Ike from SuperSmash Bros. Brawl

This quote I think accurately describes the  experiences I had this week.


This week was very slow with not many interesting events going and with me just sitting in on lessons because I still can't understand Korean very well yet.


However, on Saturday morning we were able to teach a lesson to a Korean Jehovah Witness couple. We talk to them about God for about an hour. Elder Jeong told me what they said. They told him that God is the best which is basically true. Then they said that Jesus isn't important, he's a little bit important but not a lot, and the Holy Ghost is completely unimportant. Which made me exceedingly astonished even to the point that I completely forgot all of the Korean I had learned in that moment. Then they pulled out one of their pamphlets that they had been sticking in peoples doors and asked Elder Jeong if he had ever seen it before. That's when he flashed back to the story I told him about those pamphlets. He said, "yeah, my companion and .... never mind."  When he told me that I just busted up laughing. Then we had a prayer and said goodbye.

Later that day we were in Bellevue at the Lee Kay Won's house, where we were planning to go and seek referrals. Now here is why this is important that we go to that house. First, because a ton of the Korean Branch members were going to be there so we could get plenty of potential referrals. That is when the Bellevue Sisters decided to show up and totally ruin our plans.  One of our members told them not to come in so we could do what we had planned to do, but they stayed. Now that they were there we had to leave which was totally lame.


Later that night our member that told them not to come said that they just sat there and hung out with the members.  They didn't share a message or anything.  Knowing this made it even harder to turn the cheek. Oh well, we forgive them.


On Sunday was our most favorite day. We went to sacrament meeting and two members from the Dash Point Ward were there. They both spoke to the Korean Branch members on Prayer and Fasting. Both talks were amazing.


Then later that day we followed up with a referral form the Jovita Creek Elders. One of them scheduled a date for us to come and teach him. The other whose name is Roy Kim let us in on the spot and we were able to teach him the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He listened to all that we had to say and in the end he accepted the invitation to be baptized! Hellen Keller Yea! I was so happy for him and was very thankful that God had prepared him to listen to his Gospel.  Pray for Roy Kim!

I know this is greatest work we can be involved in and if you aren't in it then strive to be because it will bless your life forever. 저는 이것이 참됨을 압니다, I know this to be true!


Elder R.K. Northrup

My Calendar on St. Patrick's Day


Me at our last dinner with Elder Tavo before he went home.


Elder Tavo and Elder Jeong


Elder Pratt and phantom Tavo.


This is a rarity where I am!  (Sunshine!)


Dash Point Elders (Elder Jolley and Elder Moon).




Two of my favorite Elders.  Elder Snook and Elder Stoker.

No comments:

Post a Comment