Monday, May 8, 2017

Go to Church, Go to Church, Go to Church Church Church!

This week has been grand! I'm really enjoying my time here!  Still hoping to go to Puyallup though, that would be sweet! Whatever happens, happens. I will just have to roll with it.

We have been doing a lot of thinking this week on how we can get the members to do missionary work themselves. They seem to be struggling with that. We came up with starting a Preach My Gospel class! Bishop said he would think about which I am hoping he says yes to it, because it would be great!

We did service like always.  We seem to be the masters at that! This time we helped Bro. Johnson do yard work.  We also gave a hand to Sister Hixson and we helped one of our investigators stack wood. 

Albert was the one we helped stack wood with! I also killed many spiders during the service because I am pretty sure Satan has a mighty hold on there minds. I took care of them with this ax that I was using! Take that you disgusting creatures!

After we helped Albert we taught him more about the Book of Mormon and invited him to be baptized! He said that that seemed like the most logical thing to do. I was like was so happy with that answer. We also invited him to church.

Thursday we were walking along minding our own business when the rain started dumping! We were soaked but this time I wasn't upset because it was a warm rain and it stopped soon after it started! That how the rain should always work! Go ahead and take notes Washington. We also had a thunder and lightning storm that night is was so awesome! I haven't heard the sky mumble in so long!

Saturday was our main proselyting day and we went every where inviting people to church! We invited Darren Moss, Jerry, the Martins, Albert, and Adam. 

Sunday came around and guess what!  Nobody flippin' came to church! This is the bane of a missionaries existence! Come on people its really not hard, plus its not even that far away! The sacrament was still good though and we had a great rest of the day!

I love you all and you all a wonderful week!

Elder R.K. Northrup

No comments:

Post a Comment