Tuesday, October 18, 2016

No Elder, I am your Father!

Federal Way Zone

Well this week was good with a side of what the crap just happened?

The week had been going kinda slow until we got to Thursday. We finished weekly planning and then we went on blitz with the Assistants. Elder Nelson came with me which was cool because I got to be with him for his last few proselyting hours. He was a great missionary. He taught me a lot in that couple hours. 

During the blitz Elder Nelson and I where able to find two new investigators one through talking to people and another through a referral. The lessons we had with them on the spot were incredible, completely spirit filled. It was really a joy to get to know Elder Nelson and have him share with me some of his experiences. I also learned from him that nobody is perfect but, as we strive to be righteous then we are perfect. I thought that was really profound and I will be doing my best to live by that principle as much as possible.

Well, we went to go teach our new investigators later that week and they both just blew up in our faces. We were both like "what the crap!" Well, the first one told us that they were just not ready for the gospel because our expectation are too high for them. We testified of the truth of the message we have and gave them a Plan of Salvation pamphlet.

The next one was way crazier because she was living in a Motel room and was kinda just there to get financial aid. The problem was our Bishop was out of town that weekend. We did all that we could in that moment and paid for one more night at the Motel but we couldn't do anything else besides that. I felt so bad that I couldn't do anymore than teach her the gospel. I mean that is all I have been called to do. We sadly had to drop her as well until she becomes more financially sound. That was a big stress on the ole' mind. 

So once again we are back to our single investigator.

Now for the news that you have all been waiting for.
Elder Lewis has been transfered to the Eastern side of the mission. 
.........Ladies and Gentleman I will be training a brand spanking new missionary. Yes, I will be his Father. Thus the title of the email.

Well, I love you all and have a great week.

Elder R.K. Northrup


I (Elder N's Mom) received this picture via text tonight from Sis. Mietus.  She let us know that Elder Northrup is training Elder Delp from Tallahassee Florida.  (I also noticed he got his hair buzzed.  He wanted to hide it from us because he thinks it looks terrible.  I think he looks so much more like his dad.)  I also think he looks so HAPPY!  
He definitely is growing into a man! 

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Elder Delp's mom. Sister Mietus sent me this picture last night too, but I just saw it this morning.

    So glad your son is now my son's mission "Father".;) He looks like he has a wonderful sense of humor which my son definitely appreciates.

    I saw in an earlier posting where Elder Northrup quoted a Kansas song. Carry on My Wayward Son. That happens to be one of Elder Delp's favorite.

    Thank you so much for having this blog available! Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete