Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Dreaded Transfer

Well this last week in the 'G' Crk. has been a great last week. I was happy with opportunity that I got to serve in this area. Hope to carry that work to my new area in Hylebos!  It should be the bomb!

I don't have much to say this week other than good-bye to all of the awesome members in Garrison Creek. 

Anyways the few Highlights that we did have were Meuoy came to church again. Now he will be getting rides to church with Bro. Rogers.

We had an awesome potluck that the ward mission organization put on. I think it was probably the best attended potluck I have been to so far. It was a blast. Plus, a Tongan Dance team came and did...well obviously some dancing.

We had our drop lesson with Ruben. We basically shared with him the Restoration. We told him we won't be coming back until he knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet, because it is no use teaching him anything else until he has a testimony of that. 

Lastly, I rushed around to a ton of the ward members to get pictures with them. As well as say my good-byes. So long Garrison Creek! I will be back!

I am off to Hylebos now to have some more fun!

Elder R.K. Northrup

Note from Elder R.K.'s Mom

You've heard it said that "It's a small world in the church."  I have a story to back that up.  On July 28th, I was parking my car at the church down the street from my brother's house so that he wouldn't figure out that we were having a surprise birthday party for him.  On my walk to his house, I saw 2 Elders riding their bikes down the street.  I stopped them and talked for a minute.  I asked them where they were from.  One elder said "Minnesota"... awesome!  "I was your neighbor from Wisconsin!"  The other elder said he was from "Washington State".  
"Oh REALLY?  Where in Washington?"
"Federal Way."
"NO WAY!  My son is on his mission there!  What ward are you from?"
"Hylebos!"  
Well, then I had to take a picture of him and in my excitement didn't get his mom's contact information.  I went to our trusty "Washington Federal Way Mission Moms and Friends" facebook page and put his picture on there asking if anyone knew his parents.  Someone knew them and gave me her phone number.  I sent her the picture of her son.  We texted back and forth a bit.  It was super fun.  Fast forward to this week!  I found out Reggie was headed to the Hylebos ward.  I sent her a message to let her know.  The next day I get these pictures of Elder Northrup and Elder Lewis (from Idaho).  (Her husband is the ward mission leader there.)  So crazy!  "It's a small world after all!"



No comments:

Post a Comment