Monday, September 26, 2016

BBBBaptism, extra B's for extra Baptisms



Well this week has probably been our slowest week. We were only able to teach 3 lessons which is kinda a bummer. However, I cannot dwell on the past!

We had a small training with the zone on Tuesday to go over the missions goal of 444 baptism next year. President and Sister Rasmussen came in and gave a bunch of information of what we can do to achieve this goal. Randomly in the middle of the discussion the zone started bashing on the Zone Leaders again. This created a really awkward situation for President, who told us that maybe we should have a one-on-one chat in private with certain companionship's in the zone. Which is what they did. When they took us aside. They asked the questions of how they can be better Zone Leaders and how they can help us be better missionaries. I didn't really have anything against them in the first place, so I kinda just sat off to the side. Once Elder Lewis got out what he wanted to say, they accepted that and are now trying to go forward with more love towards the zone. However that wasn't what the other missionaries took it like at all. The were all like, "The Zone Leaders are just trying to stand their ground and they don't want to do anything to change." I completely disagreed with that and I told them that I think that they are really trying to be better Leaders. 

We had interviews with President this week. So I decided my question was going to be "how I can help make this zone become united again?" He talked to me for a bit about the whole situation and said he would probably be talking to certain companionships/missionaries about it. Then we talked about how perception of things is everything. Meaning, if someone perceives something one way and that way is negative then, nothing works together.  I totally agreed with him on that. He then said his advice to me was to keep doing what I was doing and help the zone when and where I can.

Then later in the week we finally got to teach our recent convert. His name is Bro. Irby. He is awesome. He is really just a power-house convert, but then again most are. When you teach him he just someone that you can feel has really come to have a testimony of Jesus Christ and that is truly amazing. We were also able to teach Tony. He going through some rough things at work so I shared with him the story of the Stripling Warriors. Then taught the principle of trusting in God and everything will turn out alright. Of course we did all of this while he personal trained me on the bench press. Totally going to be shredded after this area.

Then the main event happened on Saturday... the day of Meuoy's baptism! We got picked up by Bro. Ramsey around 5:00PM and headed off to good ole' Garrison Creek. When we arrived I got to see my old companion again, Elder Perkins. Plus a bunch of my other friends in the ward and the Renton Zone. I love all of them so much.  Meuoy came in and I could only smile at him. When it came time to baptize him, Meuoy and I entered the font and I did everything correctly but then his knee came out of the water! Which means that was "B" number one. Next round his knee came up again, "B" number two. Then we had a three-peat, which makes "B" number three. However on the fourth time it work out, performing the complete "Baptism." Can I get a "Heck Ya"! When Bishop ask Meuoy how he felt, he replied with, "I feel brand new." That was an awesome feeling of spiritual intensity during that moment. In the end it was awesome to be able to have the pleasure of being the one to baptize Meuoy.

On Sunday, a couple things happened......We have a NEW ward mission leader. It is now Bro. Price. He is going to be super great, I can just tell. He is a pretty humble guy and I am looking forward to working with him. Bro. Mietus is now the Ward Clerk. 

Anyways that was the greatness of the week. Love all of you.
Elder R.K. Northrup










Messages I received after getting these pictures from Brother Ramsey.
Your son was in High Spirits
And he seems very focused on the work
He said he missed our Ward he had a lot of first there


He realized that he doesn't have a lot of time left on his mission time is feeling very short


He had to baptize the guy 4 times tonight the water didn't get filled up very high so it was hard
Oh goodness!!!
How did Meuoy take it?
Like a champ

No comments:

Post a Comment