Monday, April 25, 2016

Faith and almost some tears from a feeling of some sort!

This week has been a super slow week, we've had to drop a few of our investigators.


The work didn't really pick up until about Thursday when Elder Ha came on exchange with Elder Jeong and I. We had a pretty fun time with tracting and contacting people. We were talking to some of these kids about our message and again one of them asked the question how do you know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I replied to his question with "because I have prayed to God to know the answer and he gave me the answer through the feeling of the spirit." He then said, "That's not enough I need biblical evidence or else I won't believe." I then asked him a question, "Why would God lie to us, if we truly want to know?" He fell silent after that. In the end of the kids accepted a pamphlet and agreed to read it.


We were also able to teach a new investigator this week. His name is Yim. He has a very vast knowledge of the Bible but told us he has an open mind towards other religions. Our first lesson with him was ok, we did find out that he had pretty recently lost his wife. We taught him part of the Plan of Salvation. Afterward we set up another appointment  for Sunday at 3:30.


The rest of the exchange was really great and we accomplished a lot.


Saturday we went to Bellevue, weren't able to teach very much because people just kept canceling on us. However, we did teach a recent convert lesson to Bro. Jeon about faith. I used a few scriptures from the book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants. I can't remember them right now so I will send you the references later.

On Sunday we taught Yim again. This time President Kahng and his wife came along with us. We did our best to teach the Restoration but Yim would keep interrupting us. I really was struggling to feel the spirit in that lesson, until President Kahng talked about the importance of the message we share and what we have sacrificed as missionaries just to share that message. At that moment I could really feel Heavenly Father's love and appreciation towards me and what I was trying to do. It was almost enough to make a grown man cry, but not today (so I pulled those tears back). It truly was an amazing experience. We finished the lesson and scheduled another one for this Sunday.


This week I have learned a lot about faith and what it can bless us with as long as we trust that God will do, as we ponder what we ask and have the faith that we will receive it. I have changed my prays immensely, because of this and I have been really trying to ask in faith for specific things.


Well that was my amazing week and may or may not be in the Korean Branch next week. So ya'alls have a nice week and remember to pray in faith.

Elder R.K. Northrup

So the other night I had dropped my pencil in some stuff on the ground and so I tried my best to be Luke Skywalker trying to get his lightsaber out of snow with the force.

No comments:

Post a Comment