Monday, February 8, 2016

The Transfer-mation

Well as you all know by now, I am now in the Korean Branch of the mission. I am going to be able to cover 3 mission areas now. Tacoma, Federal Way, and Seattle. It is going to be so much fun.
We went to Tacoma the other day and shared a small message to some of the members of the Branch. We sang hymns and fun things like that. The spirit that the Koreans bring is just so amazing. They then shared there testimonies and it was flippin' incredible.
Later in the week we taught Lee Yung Hee. He is one of our progressing investigators and has just come to church last week. We taught English and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I really like teaching the Korean people. I say my thoughts in English and then Elder Jeong translates them. I really like it that way because I am able to have the spirit whisper what things are really needing to be said while Elder Jeong translates. It is just so incredible the spirit that is present.
My Korean language skills have improved. It has been so awesome. I can say so many things now. Here are the things I can say in Korean.
by my faith and my priesthood
how are you
I am full
thank you
I am hungry
how are you
condemn me not
super, delicious
That about how fluent I am in the Korean language.
On Saturday we also went and did some Korean cultural things. They celebrate New Years around the end of January and the beginning of February. They have some very interesting food and treats, but it was all good in the end. We also played some Korean traditional games and they were pretty fun. I will have to show you how to play it someday. It is kinda like connect four but on a larger scale. It is super awesome.
On Sunday, the 2nd Counselor of the Branch Presidency had me go up and bear my testimony. It was super awesome to tell them that I am excited to be serving around you guys in the Korean Branch and I look forward to be working closely with you guys to bring souls unto Christ. It was a pretty great week.
Well I know this church is true. Otherwise I would not have learned so much about the Korean language in just one week. I am continuing to pray for the gift of tongues and I thank you all for your support.
Elder R.K. Northrup

Elder Jeong is the one next to me and Elder Kim and then Brother Jeon from the branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment