Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Car Crash

Well the title is exactly what it means. So here is the run down. We went to pick up Silver Lake on Tuesday for our Zones Christmas activity and well we were sitting at the apartment complex entrance, about to make a left turn onto 21st Ave. On the other side of the street a Dodge Durango was turning right on to 21st Ave. Now note this street is a two lane road. Well I make my turn into the left lane and the Dodge makes its turn into the right lane safely, making us basically parallel with each other. Well, I guess that other guy driving the Dodge had an amazing idea. Light bulb! Lets merge into the missionaries car. Smash! After that we pulled over into a parking lot. A Huge Black dude got out of the Dodge and all I could think was great now I am going to get beat up. Then he asks the worlds dumbest question in that very moment, "Did we bump?" As you all know I am pretty sarcastic person, so in my mind I was thinking "Oh of course not we only have these brand new scratches, dents, and lost hubcap because of Tokyo Drift." Obviously I didn't say that and we swapped insurances and all of that fun jazz.

Then we sang hymns at a old folks home and then headed to Sumner for our Christmas devotional. That was awesome! We got to see our version of a white Christmas which is just all of the baptismal pictures that happened that year. 

Then Christmas came along! Well that was a blast. I got to talk with my family and it was just so much fun! They are all pretty much exactly how I left them, just older and with Christmas gifts. I can't even remember half the things I said, but I did get to see my cousins Mitchell and Grayson. My family is the Greatest Ever!

Later in the week, everyone decided that it was time to be ridiculous to the missionaries. We had 5 or 6 canceled appointments all right in a row. It was just the biggest joke ever! I was just trying not to grab and flip the table in front of me. Luckily the Mauia family came through for us. We taught them a lesson using the video, "Wherefore didst thou doubt." Elder Moon connected it to how if we have the faith that we can give missionaries referrals, it is hard but possible. Plus it will all be worth while.

The third hour of church me and my companion have started teaching a Preach my Gospel class to the priests every 4th Sunday. I taught the first lesson on finding people to teach. We played a game where we split up into a couple groups and with people you were with you would choose an object in the room and try and have the other person relate it to the gospel. It was awesome, the ideas that some of the people in that room came up with. We then talked about how important it is to connect with potentials. I am still really bad at this but I am working on it. Bishop Dickson also related some of his experiences on his mission with what we taught it was just a super good lesson over all. Then I testified that I knew what we had taught was true and the spirit was so evident.

Well that is it for this week. I know this church is true. I know that Christ is our Savior. I know that we can strive to be like him, so start striving now.

Elder R. K. Northrup

Get in a car accident, well too bad, because no one can ruin our day when we have a Glove Box Pine-cone!

No comments:

Post a Comment