Monday, June 12, 2017

FOREVER FISHING ... >C))>

The struggle for investigators continues......I feel like I am fishing with my bare hands. Since everyone is struggling with this Elder Tripp came up with an idea to do a FREE car wash service and then teach lessons on the spot for that. It's a great idea, but I doubt I will be here for that... which is a total bummer!

We were able to teach Albert this week. Which was a big lesson because it was on the Word of Wisdom. He read the entire pamphlet before we came by this week and we discussed it with him. While we were talking he just completely revealed his hidden concern to us. He talked about the reason he drinks is because of the death of his parents. He told us that drinks help numb the pain he is feeling. He also told us that he doesn't really like making very many friends because them dying would really irk him. We instantly started teaching him about the plan of salvation again. We testified of the blessing that the plan of salvation allows us to do, is see and live with our loved ones again. Then we bore testimony of how quitting these addictive vices that he has and replacing them with Scripture reading and praying and church attendance will bless him more than he knows. He accepted the invitation to live the Word of Wisdom and we will be stopping by to help him put together a plan for that with him.

We also helped this less active lady break into her car. That was a ton of fun. It took us about an hour and a half but we totally succeed without damaging the car too much! The less active lady even started to pray for the first time in a long time, to get the door unlocked! Man I love helping people.

I went on exchanges this week with Elder Oliva. I love that Hispanic man! He is so great. On our exchanges we got soaked by the rain. It was crazy well... not really because it happens all the time. We also got to teach Albert again. We shared with him these scriptures: 2 Nephi 32:2-4 (please read them).
We talked about how reading the scriptures would help Albert know exactly what to do to overcome his Word of Wisdom issues. It was an awesome lesson, I really hope Albert can overcome these obstacles. I believe he can do it, he just needs to believe he can.
Elder Oliva and me soaking wet!

We also taught our Iraqi friend Salih. We taught him at the Chapel because he did not want his family to see him cry and think he is weak. We taught him about the power of prayer and read from the scriptures to cry unto the heavens for everything that is needful. Spirit was so strong, I hope he realizes how true this gospel is that we are teaching him.

On Sunday, I went to my last mission devotional. I was crazy sad to be saying good-bye to so many of my favorite missionaries. I will see them when they return though. I said good-bye to Elder Mitton, Elder Perkins, Elder Higginson, Elder Latimer, Elder Stoker, Elder Payne, Elder Pinckney and plenty others. As we were singing the last song, I shed a few tears, in behalf of being able to serve the Lord and his people and being so grateful for that opportunity. I love missionary work, it is my favorite! 

Well I love you all and see you real soon.

Elder R.K. Northrup

The Mission Devotional Gang (Backseat: Elder Stoker and Elder Pinckney and Elder Steiner is driving.)

Elder Mitton and me... (basically the best duo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment