Tuesday, February 21, 2017

WHYYYYYYY? (Because the Lord needs you elsewhere!)



Well sadly I have to say that I am getting transferred......which caused the phone to grow wings and fly across the hallway!  Now I head off to my least favorite zone in the mission! Graham. On the bright side we are going to be on bikes again so I can get my thunder thighs back, which will be great for Ultimate Frisbee in the future. The other upside is I am going to be with Elder Rudd, who just happens to be Elder Delp's MTC companion. (Apparently he is totally cool!)  We will be serving in the Firgrove Ward in Puyallup, Washington.

Anyways for some updates of the week! We just found the greatest investigator to ever live! Her name is Clarissa Vietzke! She is fire!  We found her on Valentine's Day and have been working with her this entire week. She was super devastated when we told her that I, Elder Northrup, would be leaving to a new area. On the bright side, I believe she is going to get baptized and I will be able to go to that! 

I also got to go see all of the members one last time before I left. It was a really good blast. Not to pat myself on the back or nothing, but they seemed pretty sad to see me go. I am glad that they enjoyed me being in Hylebos... I loved being here too. I got pictures with all of them. My favorite stops were the Angelo's, the Barton's, and Brother Schilling, the Mietus's, as well as the Odom's. Love all of those guys a ton.

Brother Odom told me how greatful he was of Elder Delp and I's efforts in the ward to find and teach. We definitely were able to bring some Less Actives back. 

Brother Angelo left me with a thought that will be on my mind the rest of my mission. He said that when the missionaries found him,  they were about as far into their missions as I am and told me that I could be the person to find one more for God's Kingdom in this new area.  I really hope so!  I am excited to put it into action. It will be fun to find someone else with my last remaining area! I will be praying and working hard for it, then all I need to do is expect it to happen! 

Well that's all for this week! I love you all!

Elder R.K. Northrup

The Newcombes

Brother Treadwell

The Chubb's

The Hunsaker's

The Perry's

The Prices

The Mietus'

Brother Irby

The Furnier's

The Odom's

The Angelo's

1 comment:

  1. So grateful to Elder Northrup for being such an awesome companion to Elder Delp. But happy to hear that his new companion is Elder Rudd.

    ReplyDelete