Monday, November 21, 2016

Sooooo Savage!

This week has been real good. Super meeting filled week which was kinda a bummer because it limited our proselyting time.


Well we had district meeting and for the 4th time Elder Steiner and Elder Jones weren't able to make it. So we had to go to Elder Sirrine's district. I am really done with going to other peoples district meetings. 


On the good side though we were able to go have lunch with the Korean Elders. We got some Korean food. That stuff is so good!


After lunch we went and taught a potential that scheduled an appointment with us. We were able to teach her the restoration, and we invited her to read the pamphlet and truly pray about the message that it contains and the truth of it within. She then said she would. She also talked about her concern about church. She told us that she didn't really feel comfortable about coming to church because she had nothing to wear and no friends to sit with. We did our best to reassure her that nobody will judge her and that next time we meet would bring someone she could make friends with. She told us that she would call us the next time she wants to meet. Her name is Lisa. Be keeping her in your prayers.


Wednesday we had follow up new missionary training. I have learned that meetings make me really antsy when it nears the end of them. Especially because meetings for us never seem to end. After that we went to the DI with the Lakota Creek Elders they are so awesome, love them to death.

That was basically all that happen that day.


On Thursday we had you guessed another meeting, Ugh. On the bright side it was with Elder Gaye of the Seventy. He address us with so many cool stories and insights. I got so many great things that I can use when teaching. It will be legendary. Plus it was good to see Elder Perkins again. 

Then we went on Exchanges and this exchange was probably the funnest exchange I have been on in a long time. I went to Lakota Creek with Elder Jones. He is so SAVAGE! We were literally busting a gut our entire exchange.
It started with my bike jumping and attacking with its handle bars while I was trying to flip it upside down. Then we got back and tried to teach their apartment complex security guard. Then we laughed and joked around and went to bed for the night. In the morning, Elder Jones made me the best pancakes I have ever had! We then went down to the beach front of their area and we started hitting some rocks with some sticks and Elder Jones tossed one in the area and it hit me right in the teeth. We both lost it again at that point. We then did a ton of biking around, which....I can't believe I am saying this but I actually enjoyed it.
We came back for lunch and I freaking destroyed their kitchen, on accident. BBQ sauce was everywhere. It looked like a murder seen. Then Elder Jones died laughing again. Then later that night about 8:50 so we were going back to the apartment so we took a shortcut through the playground and Elder Jones jokingly told me to go get on the duck teeter totter so of course I did and I rocked all the way back so he comes behind me gives me a push and I fly forward and face plant onto the wood chips and the duck came back and smacked him in the knee so we both ended up on the ground next to each other moaning in pain and laughing... HAHAHA it was so funny! 

On Sunday we got a new Stake Presidency and or just release Bishop of one week was called as the New Stake President. He will be awesome!

Well thats all that happened this week, I love you all!

Elder R.K. Northrup

No comments:

Post a Comment