Thursday, January 28, 2016

Curmom! Just do it!

Well this week has been a continuation of ridiculousness. First off once again all of our appointments fell through and two of our appointments we even had a member with us at the door ready to teach and they just decided to cancel in our faces! Curmom people is it really that hard just to keep an appointment! Whatever, I have faith that they will eventually learn to keep appointments.

We have decided to start just having Audrey come to one of our members houses so we can teach her the lessons. We believe this will be less of a hassle and that way she will be ready for baptism faster. We just need to talk to her mom about our idea. 

Also this week we had interviews with President Eaton. Which is weird to me because that just means he is getting closer and closer to him leaving us. Which just made me think of that Nacho Libre quote when he says, Nacho/President Eaton: "Chancho, I need you to be obedient." Chancho/Missonaries: "Are you leaving us?" Nacho/President: "Yes, I am leaving you, but I need you to be obedient."  Anyways we also got new phones and they are super lame. They are definitely not smart.

Later that day we went on exchanges. I went to Hylebos with Elder Fullmer. That was a great exchange. I learned from that Elder how we can't be nervous to just invite someone to be baptized we just have to have the faith that he will accept the invitation to be baptized...by the proper authority that is. 
We were also able to teach a investigator of theirs named Nora. She is really progressing. Plus, the lesson we taught her was just so spiritual. Elder Fullmer and I were blessed with the ability to teach and testify together when we never had before. Then towards the end of her lesson she looked at us and just came out and said what her concern was. It was a slightly awkward concern but I believe we addressed to the best of our ability. Then we told that the bishop might have an even better insight on her concern she seemed to accept that. Then we went to bed. We woke up the next day and did some studies. During Companionship study Elder Fullmer asked me some questions that I didn't really see coming. I am really not sure what I said to Elder Fullmer. What I do know was that the Gift of the Holy Spirit was directing me the whole time to what to say to him. It was awesome to be able to answer his questions about the work. We then did some wood working for a non-member.(pics for that will come later).

Gosh dang it. One of our only investigators is going to be moving to Tacoma so our teaching pool is about to get even smaller. We really need to teach people because we are starting to run out of things to do during our proselyting hours. Please if you could all pray for us to find people to teach through tracting and member referrals that would be a huge blessing to us and to our Father in Heaven.

Well tonight we are going to go try and inspire some members to do missionary work. Challenge for you all: Do missionary work in some shape or form this week. 

Elder R. K. Northrup

P.S. We also had our temple trip today it was so amazing to have that feeling of relaxation for a bit in the temple and just soak in the happiness. Plus, I was able to get some inspiration for our area. I had the prompting to be more obedient and inviting to be baptized always.

Elder Stoker is the one looking a different direction and Elder Knight is in the background and Elder Snook is the one next to me....and I am the one next to Elder Snook.

No comments:

Post a Comment