Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Come on!

Graham Zone (One of these things is not like the others)


Well pretty upsetting week. It pretty much went down hill the entire week and then fell off a cliff the past few. (If you can't tell I'm a bit upset).

The entire week we haven't been able to find any new investigators, pretty devastating!

On Tuesday we had to break the sad news to Laura and Tim. We had to tell them they couldn't get baptized now until they get married. Which always been the rule, but the story behind this situation is kinda long and don't really feel like going into it.  That was really hard and Laura and Tim were pretty devastated. "So exhausting!" As Elder Rudd would say.

We did some more service this week which seems to be our forte'. We helped the Green's move out, Brother Hendricks get rid of a bunch of tree limbs, and helped Brother Stokes put up part of his fence. That was a total blast the whole day!

General Conference was super good!  Loved all of the talks that were given. I think my favorite talk was by S. Mark Palmer. He talked about his experience of being a mission President and how important it is to be charitable and try your best to understand what all of your missionaries go through and how to be their friend. I wish that talk was given sooner, but better late than never. G con was definitely the best part of the week.

We got transfer calls on Sunday night. Elder Rudd is getting the boot. He is going to the top of the mission, one of the best Zones: Renton! love that place. Super sad to see him go though we had a blast together.

On Monday we got another call I was hoping it would be a call to have me be training again, but it was the worse thing that could have happened. It was President telling me that I am being released as District Leader, which just made transfers even more upsetting because I knew that meant I was going to be going back to Junior Comp. Ugh! Lame! Oh well....I guess.

My new companion is Elder Kofford. He just was a Zone Leader which is going to make me nervous, because the fun of being a missionary may have just gone out the window. I hope I am wrong though.

Come on!

Well I love you all and hope you all had a great week. Enjoy the words of the Prophet. See yuh all soon!

Elder R.K. Northrup

Sopping wet from the rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment